Tuesday, August 26, 2008

adjusting

1st day of school. today. I was so nervous when I walked up to the auditorium.. luckily, I got to take pictures of the opening ceremony for yearbook (yay!). which was cool-- the seniors walked in with flags from their home countries-- 48!!
today I met a lot of really cool people-- some returning, some new.
volleyball tryouts right after school. I think I did well. once again, met some new people.

as I'm sitting here typing, I'm realizing that I worry waaaaay too much about things like this. it was totally fine, and I'm already making some really good friends. 
thanks for the prayers. keep them coming!

love, mere

3 comments:

BTPRowland said...

You're learning, have learned, and continue to learn many *huge* lessons in your young life, Merff. The awesome thing to me is that though you're young, you're mature enough to see the lessons God is teaching you as you travel in this Life Journey. God has given you wisdom, intuition, and common sense that you use very discreetly and because of that, you see the value in the things you have the opportunity to witness each and every day. I am honored to know you, I admire you, and I love you very, very much. Keep your chin up and your knees down.

Auntie Tam

Dixon said...

M,
Glad the first day is under your belt. Keep us in the loop on how those volleyball try-outs go.

Peace indeed,
D

Matthew Soren! said...

you need to keep posting! We are all wantin to hear about your german adventures!